How to Avoid Acne Breakouts after Waxing?
Acne breakouts can happen at any time, and waxing is no exception.
Especially when you have sensitive skin, the pain and burning associated with waxing can lead to inflammation that may result in breakouts.
All women have a chance of experiencing some sort of skin irritation and inflammation from the procedure, even if they go to a reputable waxer. This process often results in acne breakouts and red marks on the face or body.
If you're one of these women who suffer from an acne breakout after waxing, we have a few tips for dealing with them!
Essential steps to follow if you want to avoid acne breakouts after waxing:
- Don't apply makeup immediately after waxing. Makeup can clog pores and make them more susceptible to infection. Wait at least two hours before applying makeup.
- Use an acne treatment mask or moisturizer that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. These ingredients will help clear up any bumps or redness left behind by the waxing process.
- Take a shower before bedtime, as this helps wash away excess sebum from the skin and prevents clogged pores from being infected by bacteria left behind on the skin after waxing.
- Many women mistake forgetting to apply moisturizer after their wax session. This can lead to dryness and irritation, which can cause breakouts and other problems such as redness or peeling skin.
- Don't use harsh scrubs or washes on your face after waxing, as these can irritate your skin further, causing more redness and swelling.
The skin is your body's largest organ. It acts as a barrier between the outside world and your body, keeping bacteria out and protecting against disease. When you wax your hair, you remove this barrier and allow bacteria to get in. So, you must take care of your skin and follow the above steps after waxing.